Other Articles in this Category
2 hours & 25 minutes ago
3 hours & 56 minutes ago
Most Viewed Stories
Fire engulfs Apple Valley motorhome
APPLE VALLEY • Gusty afternoon winds fanned flames and blew heavy black smoke into the air from a fire that engulfed a motor home late Monday afternoon, according to the Apple Valley Fire Protection District.
Firefighters responded to a call about 4 p.m. that a motor home was on fire in the 21000 block of Wigwam Road, just off Dale Evans Parkway in north Apple Valley, according to an AVFPD news release.
Fire crews controlled the fire in less than 10 minutes. There were no injuries, and no damage to surrounding structures, said Jason Nailon, deputy fire marshal with the AVFPD.
Nailon said mechanical malfunction caused the fire, which destroyed the $2,500 vehicle.
Rene De La Cruz may be reached at (760) 951-6227 or at RDeLaCruz@VVDailyPress.com.
Get complete stories every day with the "exactly as printed" Daily Press E-edition, only $5 per month! Click here to try it free for 7 days. To subscribe to the Daily Press in print or online, call (760) 241-7755, 1-800-553-2006 or click here.