Other Articles in this Category
Most Viewed Stories
- Police: Man lies on CCW application, gets arrested when he comes in to check status
- Victorville looking for volunteers for Community Cleanup Day
- Real estate symposium reveals promising recovery numbers
- Fantasy Watch: Tight end issues create opening in NE
- Area Roundup 3-4-14: Granite Hills rallies late to beat Serrano
Most Commented StoriesNo matches found.
Blaze destroys Phelan home
PHELAN • A home was destroyed by a fire in the 4600 block of Walnut Road on Thursday afternoon, according to a San Bernardino County Fire Department news release.
A couple reported hearing popping noises coming from behind the house and they soon discovered a fire outside up against the home, the release said.
The blaze had already spread to the interior of the home when San Bernardino County firefighters arrived.
The home was a total loss and sustained an estimated $120,000 worth of damage, according to the release, but firefighters were able to save two detached garages and a motorhome at the location.
Four engines, a battalion chief, a patrol unit and an ambulance responded to the scene, the release said. No injuries were reported.
Get complete stories every day with the "exactly as printed" Daily Press E-edition, only $5 per month! Click here to try it free for 7 days. To subscribe to the Daily Press in print or online, call (760) 241-7755, 1-800-553-2006 or click here.