Other Articles in this Category
Most Viewed Stories
Most Commented StoriesNo matches found.
Family dog dies in Hesperia home fire
HESPERIA • A family dog was killed in a residential fire in Hesperia on Tuesday night.
The dog was the only one at a home on Locust Avenue in Hesperia when the fire started on Tuesday night. Multiple neighbors saw smoke and flames and contacted the fire department, according to a San Bernardino County Fire Department press release.
At 11 p.m., San Bernardino County Fire Department units from both Hesperia and Victorville responded to the blaze. By the time the first units arrived, the fire had already vented through the roof, according to the release.
During a preliminary search of the property, the firefighters discovered the family dog, which was killed by the fire, inside the residence.
The fire was brought under control after 25 minutes through the work of 18 personnel from the fire department.
Damages were estimated at $60,000, and the fire is currently under investigation, according to the release.
The San Bernardino County Fire Department would like to remind those with fireplaces to only dispose of coals in a metal container after the coals are cooled. Never empty coals into a trash can or place them near something that can burn.
Get complete stories every day with the "exactly as printed" Daily Press E-edition, only $5 per month! Click here to try it free for 7 days. To subscribe to the Daily Press in print or online, call (760) 241-7755, 1-800-553-2006 or click here.