Other Articles in this Category
57 minutes ago
1 hour & 22 minutes ago
1 hour & 24 minutes ago
1 hour & 27 minutes ago
1 hour & 32 minutes ago
Most Viewed Stories
Time to untrim that Christmas tree
Communities offer free pick-up, recycling
With the Christmas holiday over, communities are offering free pick-up and recycling of Christmas trees.
Trees should be free of decorations, out of stands and cut in half if more than six feet tall. Otherwise, follow the directions below:
• Adelanto — For the next two weeks, AVCO Disposal will pick up unflocked trees during regularly scheduled service times. Questions may be directed to AVCO at (760) 245-8607.
• Apple Valley — Residents can put their unflocked trees by the curb and AVCO Disposal will pick them up between Wednesday and Jan. 11 on regular trash service days. Flocked trees must be cut in half and placed in the green trash barrel for regular disposal. Questions may be directed to AVCO at (760) 245-8607.
• Hesperia — For the next four weeks, Advance Disposal will pick up your unflocked Christmas tree at your curb on your trash collection day for no additional cost. Residents can also take their trees directly to Advance Disposal at 17105 Mesa St. in Hesperia during the four-week period and place the trees in the roll off bin marked “Christmas Trees Only.”
• Victorville — Starting Monday through Jan. 11, residents can place their unflocked trees at the curb on their scheduled trash pick-up day to be turned into mulch. Do not put the tree in trash bags or cans, as a separate truck will pick the trees up as early as 6 a.m. Residents can also leave artificial trees out, which will be collected and thrown away. After Jan. 11, residents can call (760) 245-8607 to schedule free pickup. Residents can also drop off trees for free at American Organics at 20055 Shay Road from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. until Jan. 31. Call (760) 246-7946 for more information.
• Spring Valley Lake — There will be roll-away bins left at the Marina parking lot starting Friday for Spring Valley Lake residents to dispose of their Christmas trees only. No flocked trees are allowed and residents are asked to remove all decorations. For residents who live in the Equestrian Estates, a dump truck will be left at the Equestrian Clubhouse parking lot on Indian River Drive.